Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cycle all screwed up

I'm on the pill, which is supposed to regulate my cycle, no? This current period is now on its thirtieth day. 3-0.

And I've been wondering for weeks now if I really do have PCOS. The tests said no, but the doc didn't administer the tests on the proper day in my cycle. She said, "Normally we'd have to put you on the pill to regulate your cycle on then do the blood tests on a specific day, but I'm so sure you have PCOS that I don't think we have to bother with that." Except that the resulting tests didn't show PCOS. So now I'm still wondering.

I tried to call and ask, but this particular doctor, though seemingly wonderful, has a nurse who is very difficult to get past.

2 comments:

Danielle/Brooke said...

I am thinking maybe you mighthave something else going on besides the PCOS. The Pill should give you enough artifical hormones to regualte your cycle. What Pill does she have you on? Have they ever done an ultrasound of your ovaries as well as your uterus? With such long periods even on the pill it sounds a little bit like a friend of mine. It turned out she had large uteran cysts and benign tumors. Of course she also had a lot of pain, which you haven't mentioned.

Jessica said...

Hmmm. I must not have comment notification turned on for this blog. I had no idea that you left me a comment two months ago!

I've been on the pill (YAZ) for three months now. My cycle eventually fell into a normal pattern. It's been awful. I think I'll write a separate post about that.

Yes, I've had an ultrasound of my ovaries. Fairly recently, too. I do have ovarian cysts, but no tumors. No pain.